11 July 2009

vomditioner

so remember how i was all out of hair conditioner? but, i decided to use body wash? yeah, that totes didn't work at all. my hair was a knotty mess.

but, i still did not want to spend $7.99 on hair conditioner. i could have totally bought a cheaper kind. but, i wanted to be stubborn.

so, i thought to myself, "i'm a creative and crafty person, i'll MAKE my own hair conditioner!!" so, i looked up some recipes. a lot of them called for olive oil, which i don't have. i have sunflower seed oil.

i found some recipes which called for mayo. that just grossed me out.
and then i found one that was mashed up banana mixed with honey. i had both of these things and thought this recipe sounded delish.

so, i mixed some up. while i was mixing i kept thinking, "wow, this looks like vom." but, i kept going.

i took a bath. and kept staring at the banana vom mixture sitting next to me. i shampooed my hair. lovely.

and then the time came for me to condition. i scooped some of the banana vom onto my hair. and then some more. and then some more.

mmmmm ddeelliicciioouuss.

it was slimey and chunky. but smelled great!

so then i washed it out and i had banana vom mixture all over the tub. gross. but, my hair felt pretty good. more conditioned than from the body wash.

so, i wrap my hair in a towel, as normal and continue to get dressed. i take my hair out of the towel and think, "wow julie, you are so great. this banana vomditioner was such a good idea."

and then i looked in the mirror. i had chunks of banana stuck everywhere in my hair.

i sulked, and walked back into the bathroom. and as i inspected further, saw that my hair was literally covered in bananas. tiny chunks of bananas. .U.G.H.

so, i rinsed my hair for about ten more minutes. chunks of banana were seeping out everywhere. it was jack nasty.

then i decided that a little banana never hurt anybody, so i shut off the water and again, wrapped my hair in a towel.

let it dry for a while. then inspected it again. i am still seeing tiny chunks, but not huge ones like before. it smells awesome, though.

so, conditioning my hair with banana probably won't happen again. i guess maybe now i'll go out and buy more.

or, try the mayo and oil mixture.....


<3

1 comment:

  1. I am all for home remedies but I think you need to buy conditioner. But wash your hair every other day at the most. Also, read the blog greenasathistle.com for adventures in making shampoo and conditioner.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment! you're the best!!